Elexpert was founded in 1998 as an Energy Consulting company that specialises in providing products and services for public and private customers with its main products being:
- Detailed cost and revenue analysis.
- Pricing / strategy development.
- Customer elasticity and consumption analysis.
- DSM / Energy efficiency audits and strategy development.
- Operational audits policy / procedure development.
- To provide expert consulting and other products and services on the subjects of costing, pricing and related policies and practices for electricity, energy and other dynamic products.
- To facilitate the design, installation and operation of energy efficiency systems and other installations to maximise the value of energy input costs to the customer.
- To contribute to a cleaner environment where energy infrastructure utilisation in the Southern African Region is maximised thereby increasing the region’s relative international competitiveness.
In current times where technology develops so fast and there are so many options available it is very difficult for a small company to remain small and yet competitive. For this reason is necessary to have strategic partners. The following key categories of partners have been identified:
- In marketing – to bring business to the company.
- In technology development and supply.
- In engineering systems and skills.
- In equipment installation and maintenance.
The following partners have been identified and co-operation agreed to:
- PB Power.
- New Energy Consult.
- Energy System Planning (Pty) Ltd
- Iskhus Power (Pty) Ltd – marketing, training, operational support
- MVD Mechanic / Electrical – Southern Cape region.
- Power Measurement and Distribution (PM&D) for automatic metering systems.
- Ntanzani Networks (Pty)Ltd – on alternative energy strategies.
- Thalamus Software Solutions – Software development.
Key Projects Completed
Elexpert has provided services to more than 50 Municipalities in South Africa, more than 10 National Utilities / NGO’s in Southern Africa and various private electricity customers / customer representative bodies. Elexpert has jointly started the Stellenbosch Electricity Pricing Course and presented modules on the course for 10 years. Elexpert is recognised as one of the leading Electricity pricing / Strategy consulting Companies in Southern Africa. Hendrik Barnard is represented as a member of the Tariff Committee of The Associated of Municipal Electricity Undertakings (AMEU) in South Africa. The majority of projects are follow-up work from the same clients.